Free in Jesus! Man, is it hard to explain that kind of freedom to people who have never experienced it! Growing up, I thought it was all about being “good enough” and yet felt that God was always disappointed with me. So little did I know about His unfailing character!
Jonathan had a couple of heart checks he mentioned in this teaching:
1. Not open to change
2. No joy
3. More about approval than abiding
4. Continually miss the work of God because you are more concerned with the “laws” of men
5. Known more for what you are against than what you are for
6. Quicker to condemn and judge than to love and restore
7. Have a hard heart not a free heart
“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1
I’m so thankful to be free from that religious bondage! Tell me, I’d love to know how you’ve experienced His great freedom!
In His Grip,